Being pregnant or having recently given birth should not disqualify women from being eligible for promotions at work. In fact, if pregnancy (or a related medical condition) is the reason that an employer has denied an employee a promotion:
- This can constitute an illegal act, as it would likely violate the Pregnancy Discrimination Act (PDA).
- The women who are the targets of such discriminatory behavior can file claims against their employers, seeking compensation from these employers for violating their rights.
At the Law Firm of Barrett & Farahany, LLP, LLP, our trusted Atlanta pregnancy discrimination attorneys are ready to help you if you have been denied a promotion due to pregnancy – or if you have been the target of any type of pregnancy discrimination.
Barrett & Farahany, LLP is a leading pregnancy discrimination law firm in Atlanta, and our lawyers have the experience, insight and resources you can count on to help you successfully resolve your claim.
Signs that You May Have Been Denied a Promotion due to Pregnancy
Pregnancy discrimination can occur at any point in the employment process – including during the recruiting, hiring, promotion and/or termination process.
In terms of promotions, however, some indications that this discrimination has resulted in you being overlooked for or denied a promotion can include employer statements like:
- Your pregnancy or condition was considered in the promotion decision.
- We didn’t think you would want the job because of your condition and/or new baby.
- Even though you may have been a good employee before maternity leave, because you were gone for a few months, we didn’t consider you for the promotion/new position.
If You Have Been Denied a Promotion due to Pregnancy…
- There will be a limited time to file a pregnancy discrimination claim against your employer.
- You can be entitled to damages that include back pay at the rate associated with the promotion you were denied, as well as possibly even punitive damages.
- Retaining an experienced lawyer to help you proceed with your claim will be the best move when you are serious about favorably resolving your case.
Contact the Atlanta Pregnancy Discrimination Attorneys at the Law Firm of Barrett & Farahany, LLP, LLP
Have you been denied or overlooked for a promotion due to pregnancy? If so, it is time to contact the experienced Atlanta pregnancy discrimination attorneys at the Law Firm of Barrett & Farahany, LLP, LLP.
At Barrett & Farahany, LLP, we are dedicated to:
- Protecting our clients’ rights
- Providing them with aggressive legal advocacy, along with personalized, responsive legal service
- Working diligently to help our clients obtain the compensation and justice they deserve.
To learn more about our services and how we can assist you, contact us today by calling (866) 989-0120 or by emailing us using the contact form at the bottom of this screen.
From our offices based in Atlanta, our trusted attorneys provide superior representation and legal service to people throughout Georgia, including those in Decatur, Scottdale, Clarkston, Avondale Estates, Pine Lake, Stone Mountain, Tucker, Smyrna, Conley, Marietta, Mableton, Forest Park, Ellenwood, Red Oak, Austell, Lithia Springs, Morrow, Lithonia, Rex, Riverdale, Clayton County, Cobb County, Dekalb County and Douglas County.