Gender Discrimination in the Workplace
Gender discrimination can be defined as the act of treating employees differently based on their specific gender. Regardless if you are a woman or a man, it is against the law for your employer to pay you less, provide you with different benefits, treat you differently because you are married or unmarried, or fire you in the event that you become pregnant.
If you or someone you know has been fired, rejected as a potential employee, or discriminated against in some way based off of gender, please do not hesitate to reach out to Barrett & Farahany, LLP. Every job discrimination lawyer Atlanta, GA clients call from our firm has many years of experience fighting employers for the compensation gender discrimination victims deserve. We will do our very best to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve against your employer for the heinous discrimination placed against you.
A job discrimination lawyer in Atlanta, GA understands that it is illegal for your employer to discriminate against you based on your gender, and several federal laws protect your rights as a woman or male to work without prejudice being placed against you. There are even local laws specific to Georgia that prohibit employers from discrimination when promoting, compensating, hiring, or terminating their employees because of his or her gender.
These laws also make it illegal for employers to make decisions about employees based on ungrounded stereotypes. This includes abilities, performance capability, and traits. With a job discrimination lawyer Atlanta, GA employees depend on from Barrett & Farahany, LLP, you can rely on our diligence and experience to see your case through.
Remedies for Gender Discrimination
There are many remedies that can be given to victims of gender discrimination. Here at Barrett & Farahany, LLP, each job discrimination lawyer Atlanta, GA locals rely on have fought to bring justice in the form of:
- Lost wages, if you are experienced discrimination for a raise.
- Firing of the party that discriminated against you.
- Promotion that you deserved but did not get based on your gender.
- Reinstatement if you were fired from your job.
- Back pay you should have made more doing but did not because of your gender.
- Pain and suffering damages.
- Punitive damages (fees and other forms of punishments placed on employer).
- Payment to cover attorney fees so it does not come out of your pocket.
- Court costs in the event the claim is taken to court.
Many individuals opt for the court to mandate their employees to require gender discrimination classes for all managers and higher position employees as their remedies. You may even submit a proposition with your attorney to the court requesting that your employer be required to go through preventive and corrective actions. If your employer has asked you any of the following questions, you will be able to seek even more compensation (as these are all illegal for an employer to ask).
- How many children you have.
- What your sexual identity is.
- If you are married or pregnant.
- If you plan on getting married or having children.
Contact an Atlanta, GA Job Discrimination Lawyer
Schedule an appointment with us today by calling Barrett & Farahany, LLP at 844-388-4563.
Contact a job discrimination lawyer Atlanta, GA provides for a free consultation to find out what type of legal recourse you may have.