Best Discrimination Lawyer in Atlanta GA
If you have been a victim of workplace discrimination, you might wonder if it’s time to look for the best discrimination lawyer in Atlanta GA. Every employee has the legal right to work in a safe and discrimination-free workplace. The legal team at Barrett & Farahany has been fighting for employees’ rights for over 15 years. When our clients are searching for the best discrimination lawyer in Atlanta GA, we fight to get them the justice they deserve.
What Is Workplace Discrimination?
The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) is the federal agency that is in charge of enforcing the laws that make it illegal to discriminate against an employee or a job applicant. The laws that fall under the EEOC’s jurisdiction apply to work issues such as benefits, firing, hiring, promotions, training, and wages.
It is also illegal for employers to discriminate against a victim for filing a complaint about discrimination, or for being involved in an investigation or lawsuit about that discrimination. Employees have the right to consult with an Atlanta GA discrimination lawyer if they feel unsafe in their workplace. These federal laws apply to any company that employs 15 or more employees. (The exception to that rule is for cases of age discrimination. In these situations, there typically must be at least 20 employees.)
The types of workplace discrimination that the EEOC is charged to oversee are:
· Equal Pay/Compensation
· Genetic Information
· National Origin
· Sexual Harassment
If you believe you’ve been the victim of any form of workplace discrimination, it’s never too soon to start looking for the best discrimination lawyer in Atlanta GA.
The EEOC also handles cases of workplace discrimination against victims who are treated unfairly because of gender identity or sexual identity. These protections are covered under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act. It is important to note that these federal protections override any state laws regarding this type of discrimination. Some of the types of discrimination under this law include:
· Failure to hire an applicant or promote an employee because they are a transgender man or woman.
· Failure to hire an applicant or promote an employee because they are in the process or already have made gender transition.
· Harassing an employee because of gender identity.
· Refusing an employee access to a common restroom that goes along with their gender identity.
· Failure to hire an applicant or promote an employee because of their sexual orientation.
· Harassing an employee because of their sexual orientation.
· Denying an employee the same salary or bonuses as other employees because of their sexual orientation.
· Denying an employee the same benefits as other employees because of their benefits. For example, denying the spouse of a gay employee health insurance but approving health insurance for the spouse of a straight employee.
Looking for the Best Discrimination Lawyer Atlanta GA Provides?
At Barrett & Farahany, we understand that victims of workplace discrimination face a stressful and challenging time. It can be overwhelming to stand up to this type of abuse, especially if you feel as if you are on your own. That is why it’s so important to have a best discrimination lawyer in Atlanta GA advocating for you. From filing a formal complaint to fighting for you in court, our firm is dedicated to finding justice for our clients.
If you’ve been searching for the best discrimination lawyer in Atlanta GA, please give Barrett & Farahany a call today at 844-818-7072 to discuss what your legal options may be.